Date:      Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:47:40 +0000
From:      Dominic Marks <dominic_marks@btinternet.com>
To:        Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy@karlsbakk.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Mounting NFS share from Linux box?

On Thursday 03 January 2002 3:42 pm, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
> hi all
>
> I don't know if this is the right forum, but I thought I'd try it
> before asking the Linux guys...
>
> I'm trying to mount an NFS share. The server having the share is
> running FreeBSD and the client Linux. What happens is that the
> mount process on the Linux host goes defunct and stays like that
> for around 2 minutes before succeding the mount... After that, it
> all works fine.
>
> any knows why?

1. You might like to put the hostname of the FreeBSD box in the Linux
boxes /etc/hosts  if its taking time to resolve

2. Negoiation about which version of the NFS protocol to talk in
(maybe you can force it)

3. Tried using tcpdump to see what sort of information, if any, the
machines are exchanging?

--
Dominic