Date:      Sun, 12 Apr 2009 09:59:09 +0100
From:      Craig Butler <craig001@lerwick.hopto.org>
To:        utisoft@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD ports which are currently scheduled for deletion

On Sun, 2009-04-12 at 09:41 +0100, Chris Rees wrote:
> 2009/4/12  <linimon@freebsd.org>:
> > As part of an ongoing effort to reduce the number of problems in
> > the FreeBSD ports system, we periodically schedule removal of ports
> > that have been judged to have outlived their usefulness.  Often,
> > this is due to a better alternative having become available and/or
> > the cessation of development on the existing port.  In some cases,
> > ports are marked for removal because they fail to build and install
> > correctly from their sources, or otherwise fail in operation.
> >
> > The ports, and the reason and date that they have been scheduled
> > for removal, are listed below.  If no one has stepped forward before
> > that time to propose a way to fix the problems (such as via a PR),
> > the ports will be deleted.
> >

> > portname:           audio/rosegarden
> > maintainer:         ports@FreeBSD.org
> > deprecated because: tcl82 support is going to be dropped
> > expiration date:    2009-04-22
> > build errors:       none.
> > overview:           http://portsmon.FreeBSD.org/portoverview.py?category=audio&portname=rosegarden
> >

> Woah! How do I save this? I'm thinking we could replace this with the
> new version (ironically called 1.7.3 rather than 2.1).
>
> What needs doing?
Update the port following the port handbook,  submit pr with your
changes, including change of maintainer over to you if you want it...

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/contributing-ports/article.html
also has a link to the port maintainers handbook.

If you need a hand just shout.

Cheers

Craig B