Date:      Tue, 9 May 2006 18:54:31 -0700
From:      Harman <harman0@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   /libexec/ld-elf.so.1 errors with multiple libs

I was installing beep-media-player yesterday through the ports
collection. I was doing alot of manual upgrading of ports to get it
done, never was able to get the entire thing working, because of
dependencies. I noticed my things weren't able to execute, with the
error: Most things execute without lib errors, all the X apps get this
error. I'm thinking the base of the issue might be expat

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libexpat.so.5" not found requred
by "libfontconfig.so.1"

among some others like

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libgobject-2.0.so.600" not found,
required by "xchat"

for xchat and freefontconfig

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libgmodule-2.0.so.600" not found,
required by "gaim"
for gaim and mplayer

You get the drift. Not sure how to easily fix this.
Thanks.