Date:      Wed, 29 May 2002 08:40:36 -0700
From:      "Albuquerque, Marcelo M" <marcelo.m.albuquerque@boeing.com>
To:        "'freebsd-net@freeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-net@freeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Does "xmit" work with ipfw dummynet?

dummynet is not behaving as expected, and I'm wondering whether the command
is compatible with bridging mode (freebsd 4.5):
sysctl -w net.link.ether.bridge=1

Here is the setup:

                 ___________________
                |                   |
192.168.1.1 --- |FreeBSD 4.5 Bridge | --- 192.168.1.2
                |___________________|

                     192.168.1.3

This works:
ipfw add 100 deny ip from any to any in recv fxp0

This doesn't:
ipfw add 100 deny ip from any to any out xmit fxp1

What I really want, but fear is not supported, is:
ipfw add 100 deny ip from any to any out recv fxp0 xmit fxp1

That is, I want to block traffic coming in from fxp0 and going out
fxp1, in bridged mode.

Anyone know if this is possible?