Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:40:37 -0800
From:      Johnson David <DavidJohnson@Siemens.com>
To:        "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>, freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (FreeBSD) for Linux Users

On Tuesday 13 January 2004 02:19 pm, Matthew D. Fuller wrote:

> It's now on my webpage starting at
> <http://www.over-yonder.net/~fullermd/rants/bsd4linux/bsd4linux1.php>;
>. It's rather long (somewhere in the neighborhood of 11,000 words),
> but I think it's fairly readable.  I'd be interested in any feedback
> on it, especially from Linux users anybody might know who've had
> trouble grasping the BSD Way(tm).

1) The color scheme is damaging to my eyeballs.

2) It is way too condescending towards Linux and Linux users. We want to
welcome Linux users, not make them feel inferior. Remove your personal
opinions. Marking them as personal opinion isn't sufficient.

3) The connection is very, very slow. So I haven't read through it all.
But the above two stood out as problematic reading through the first
two pages.

David