Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 03:35:48 -0600
From:      Jeff Palmer <scorpio@drkshdw.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   General questions

I'm creating a new port.  An addition to qmail.

I've created and maintained other ports,  but this is my first "major" one.
Unfortunately,  the porters-handbook is a little lacking  (I might send a
-doc PR after I get these answers.)

Anyway,  on to the questions.

#1)    I don't want to hard code /var/qmail in the do-install:
          However, my port doesn't seem to understand the
${QMAIL-INSTALL-PREFIX}
	as other ports do.  (e.g. mail/qmail-tls)
How would I tell the Makefile to use the ${QMAIL-INSTALL-PREFIX} like other
ports?

(I think the answer to number 1 will get me through number 2)

#2) After the port is installed,  how do I create the pkg-plist? nothing
goes into
	${PREFIX} (/usr/local/)  most files will actually be going into
/var/qmail/bin/

would I create the pkg-plist with:
${QMAIL-INSTALL-PREFIX}/bin/file1
${QMAIL-INSTALL-PREFIX}/bin/file2  etc?
I have a plist creation script that I created from the porters
handbook,  however,
it creates an empty file now, because nothing goes into /usr/local

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Palmer
scorpio@drkshdw.org