Date:      Wed, 2 Feb 2000 10:25:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kevin Leung <kleung@padc22.pa.dec.com>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to change BIOS settings on a Thinkpad (ie. i-series 1410)

I think this applies to most IBM Thinkpad or all, in general for
access BIOS settings.

1. Turn on the laptop.
2. Right after you hear the beep, press the F1 once.
3. A quick moment later, the BIOS screen will show up.

To turn off CardBus
1. I think is is under the Advance settings, just disable
   CardBus.  I don't think this will affect the use of
   non-CardBus PCMCIA cards in Windows 95/98.  Not sure on
   PCMCIA cards, I would think they would not work.

 -Kevin