Date:      Wed, 5 Jan 2000 12:33:49 +0100
From:      "Alberto De Giorgi" <albertodegiorgi@iol.it>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   linux compatibility

Hi list.
I have a problem with the linker that comes
with the suse6.3 distribution: it is unable to
find the libX11 library ( which is in the usual
place /compat/linux/usr/X11R6/lib ). The strange
thing is that the same linker, ld-linux.so.2,
finds every other X11 library and that if I use
the slackware distribution linker ld-linux.so.1.9.9
,renaming it to ...so.2, the libX11 library is found.
Unfortunately the binary I want to run needs the real
suse linker : I get unresolved symbol errors with
the slackware one.
Any help is welcome.
bye
mdg