Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2006 17:55:27 -0700
From:      "Dan Bikle" <dan.bikle@gmail.com>
To:        "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@freebsd.org>,  "Jeff Rollin" <jeff.rollin@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freebsd, Suse Linux dual booting

People,

this is great info; thanks for taking time to type it up.
I'm now convinced that Grub is good.

On my FreeBSD box I see this:

bash moibsd maco /usr/home/maco 3 $
bash moibsd maco /usr/home/maco 3 $
bash moibsd maco /usr/home/maco 3 $
bash moibsd maco /usr/home/maco 3 $
bash moibsd maco /usr/home/maco 3 $ cat /etc/fstab
# Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump
Pass#
/dev/ad8s3b             none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/ad8s3a             /               ufs     rw              1       1
##/dev/ad8s4a           /u1             ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/acd0               /dvd1           cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0
/dev/acd1               /dvd2           cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0
linprocfs   /compat/linux/proc   linprocfs   rw   0  0
bash moibsd maco /usr/home/maco 4 $
bash moibsd maco /usr/home/maco 4 $
bash moibsd maco /usr/home/maco 4 $
bash moibsd maco /usr/home/maco 4 $

bash moibsd maco /usr/home/maco 4 $ df
bash moibsd maco /usr/home/maco 4 $ df
bash moibsd maco /usr/home/maco 4 $ df
bash moibsd maco /usr/home/maco 4 $ df
Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/ad8s3a  91913630 37443012 47117528    44%    /
devfs               1        1        0   100%    /dev
linprocfs           4        4        0   100%    /usr/compat/linux/proc
bash moibsd maco /usr/home/maco 5 $
bash moibsd maco /usr/home/maco 5 $

Comparing that with the information in the mail list
and this page:
http://www.lemis.com/grog/diary-apr2006.html#21
suggests to me,
that this Grub entry would be appropriate:

title FreeBSD 5.5
        root (hd8,2,a)
        kernel /boot/loader

Anyone care to confirm before I pull the plug on my FreeBSD boot0 menu?

-Dan