Date:      Wed, 02 Feb 2000 11:57:26 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: duplex and 10/100 problems with ed and others (Re: Netgear FA410TXC)

> >From my similar problems with an ed card that I was trying to switch
> to full duplex I believe that the ed driver doesn't support doing
> this.
>
> Hopefully I'm wrong or this may change, but the lack of ability to
> switch these manually (or even autonegotiate properly when the same
> machine and cards negotiates properly with 'doze :( ) caused me no end
> of problems.

No, you're correct.  There's no standard way to achieve this, and no
documentation seems to be available on the various ways that the cards
might do it.

> Are there any pcmcia 10/100 cards supported by PAO that use a driver
> you can force if the negotiation doesn't work properly ?

Nope.  Then again, I've _never_ been in a situation where I'd have needed
to force the settings on the Netgear card I'm using, and I move it
between a large number of hubs/switches.

> Anyone I can talk to about getting the ed driver to support the things
> several of us seem to want ?

Find documentation, and the rest is simple.