Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 1996 08:34:17 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        somebody@cu-online.com (Somebody)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Suggestions?

It seems that Somebody said:
> what version of FreeBSD I want to use. I am think of going with BSD-STABLE
> but I am not sure if this the best decision. This machine is a P133 with
                                                                ^^^^^
You don't really need a P133 for this.

> 48M of ram and Buslogic 946C and a 4.2G Atlas Pro and 1G EIDE Drive for
  ^^^
Maybe not enough if you have a big enough feed.

I'd suggest  bying 2x 2.2 GB disk  or 4x 1 GB  disks and spread the spool &
news dir  & overview data over  all the disks (maybe with  ccd). Get rid of
the IDE disk. Go all SCSI. IDE is evil.

> the base OS and it will be running INN1.4unoff3 or unoff2.

Take unoff4 and innfeed (see into news.software.nntp for details).

> 	This machine will at first act as a newsfeeder for my other
> locations and other news exchangers.

Better  take a P90  with  64 MB  than  a P133 with    48... Memory is  more
important than CPU power.

My 2 ECUS^H^H^H^HEUROS.
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #12: Sun Apr 14 16:01:04 MET DST 1996