Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 2004 08:58:52 -0500
From:      Eric Crist <ecrist@secure-computing.net>
To:        Subhro <subhro.kar@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Error sending mail from off-network... (details inside)

--Apple-Mail-1--890351931

On Oct 13, 2004, at 7:00 AM, Subhro wrote:

> Are you authenticating yourself before attempting to send out mail to
> the ISP SMTP. To prevent spammers, almost all ISPs allow the use of
> their SMTPs only after you prove them that you are really a legitimate
> customer. Also many ISPs wont allow you to use their mailservers
> unless the IP which you are using (rather which had been assigned to
> you) belongs to their own pool.
>
> Regards
> S.

I am trying to use my own SMTP server, not my ISPs.  Not only that, but
I AM trying to authenticate.  As I said in my previous post, I can send
when dialing in to the 'net, but not when connecting from the ghetto
network I'm on here.  Only SMTP traffic seems to be stopping/timing
out.  I can receive mail just fine.

Thanks.
-----
Eric F Crist