Date:      Sun, 09 Aug 2009 22:04:02 -0700
From:      Xin LI <delphij@delphij.net>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-rc@FreeBSD.org, d@delphij.net
Subject:   Re: [RFC] script for binding ARP <-> IP pairs

Hi, Doug,

Doug Barton wrote:
> Xin LI wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your comments, I have put together the revised patch, along
>> with rc.conf.5 and defaults/rc.conf changes.
>
> Glad to help. This looks fine except that you need an entry for
> static_arp_enable in defaults rc.conf and rc.conf.5.

This script does not require the enable knob.  If the static_arp_pairs
is not empty then the script would add the entries, otherwise it will
not do that.  Do you think we need an "enable" knob for it?  I can add
it but I don't feel strongly for the idea, since it would make a
redundant entry to represent the same semantic.

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij@delphij.net>	http://www.delphij.net/
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve!