Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 1998 23:52:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Tyson N. Trebesch" <tyson@avicom.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Benchmarking

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Tyson N. Trebesch wrote:

> Which FreeBSD port should I install if I want to see how fast my CPU is
> actually clocking?  I need to know if I have the turbo setting correct for
> my AMD DX4-100, as it seems to run awfully slow.

Actually, check the dmesg; it'll tell you the CPU clock as recorded by
various system chips.

i.e.:

FreeBSD 2.2.5-971020-BETA #1: Mon Apr 13 19:13:00 PDT 1998
    dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu:/u1/src-strip/sys/compile/GDI-W-STRIP
CPU: Pentium (133.27-MHz 586-class CPU)

That's correct, I have a P133 not overclocked.