Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 1998 07:59:40 +1000
From:      Robert Chalmers <robert@chalmers.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: partitioning new disks

If you want real control over your partitions, use disktab and disklabel, then
newfs.

Or simply use disklabel in edit mode. Mind you, you have to be pretty familiar
with sectoring etc.

bob
CyberPeasant wrote:

> Jesse wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm gonna be setting up a new disk on my system tomorrow. I was wondering
> > if anyone had suggestions on the best way to partition the disk (like,
> > what commands) and how to set it bootable. /stand/sysinstall maybe? I
> > don't want to install anythin gon the drives, just make the
> > partitions/slices and set it bootable.
> >

> fdisk for slices, disklabel for partitions.  These are both "hidden"
> in sysinstall.
>
> Dave
> --
>         DISCLAIMER: If it can be disclaimed, it is.
>         DISCLAIMER: In particular, I don't represent any organization.

  Support Whirled Peas.       Business in China?    China House
  robert@chalmers.com.au      ph:61 7 49440357 fx:61 7 49578425
   China House Uses Webposition to ensure Top Spot in Searches
   http://www.chalmers.com.au/ChinaHouse/Business/webposition