Date:      Tue, 4 Jul 2000 23:28:15 -0400
From:      "Charles Peters - Tech Support" <support@tecpro.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Tommy Forrest - KE4PYM <tforrest@mcs.net>, bob@mail0.mia.bellsouth.net, samba@samba.org
Subject:   Re: Problem connecting Windows 2000 Professional to Samba 2.0.7 share

Earlier tonight, I sent the following message to the list, and
recieved several responses, all of which were very helpful.

I found the following solution in the mailing list archive using the
search feature (it does work yall).

For Windows 2000 machines that are unable to connect to Samba
Shares, the following registry hack will solve your problem:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\La
nmanWorkStation\Parameters

Add value EnablePlainTextPassword = 1

This works, I just verified it on 3 seperate machines.

Thanks,

Charles

Greetings,

I have a Samba 2.0.7 server running on FreeBSD 4.0 Release.  It
works flawlessly, with one exception.  When I try and connect my
Windows 2000 Professional workstation to a samba share,
windows 2000 returns the following error message:

	System Error 1240 has occured.
	The account is not authorized to log in from this station.

I am using the following command to connect (from a command
window):

	net use m: \\otis\charles

This command works flawlessly from all of my win98 and win95
machines.

Below is a copy of my smb.conf file:

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from UNKNOWN (0.0.0.0)