Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2001 22:59:15 -0800
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.freebsd.org>
To:        "Peter Ong" <peter@haloflightleader.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Package or Ports CVSup

> Question:
> Do you guys usually build from the ports or install from packages the CVSup
> tool?

This is a topic for -questions.  Speaking bluntly, your posts have
been pretty off-topic for the FreeBSD-stable list so far and I wish
you'd go read the charter for it (see the Handbook) because you're
starting to abuse the list. This goes especially when one of your
off-topic posts subsequently spawns a thread of over 20 messages in
the wrong mailing list, as your last one did.  I appreciate your need
to be informed, but please do it in the right forums or you'll merely
degrade lists like -stable for the rest of us (who want to continue to
use it to track issues *specific* to the FreeBSD-stable branch).

Thank you,

- Jordan