Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 1997 18:24:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Rolland Alba <vaxen@x-net.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hi!

On Tue, 19 Aug 1997, Rolland Alba wrote:

> 		Well I am about to boot up FreeBSD. All is set but i am just a
> little timid. I am running DOS 6.22 and Win 3.1x on an American
> Megatrends 1.6G Quantum Fireball. Partitioned into 3 partitions @ 360M
> each or so.

Okay.  360MB won't give you a lot of space to play, unfortunately.

> My DOS and Windoze arte both on C:\ Along with most of my
> Net Candy .E is pretty full with Apps and stuff but I have an extra 250M
> or so on D:\ I have made my boot disks and Downloaded into
> D:\FreeBSD\bin all the bin files from the FTP release 2.2.2 and the
> Manpages D:\FreeBSD\manpages\ all and I have all of the tools @
> D:\FreeBSD\tools Including setup.exe :Ha! So I would like to boot from
> D:\ and make FreeBSD live there on D:\FreeBSD! I have Optimized all So
> should I run setup from this dir or should I boot Run fips first then
> load these files onto the slice or just what is the best way to proceed
> at this point?

Unfortunately, FreeBSD requires it's own slice, so one of your DOS disks
has gotta go and you need to resize the extended partition it lives in to
make room.

I think you may have misunderstood FreeBSD's requirements for
installation; see http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install.html or
INSTALL.TXT in the top level release directory on ftp.freebsd.org.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo