Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 21:57:03 -0700
From:      randyk <randyk@ccsales.com>
To:        David Knapp <dknapp@slonet.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbie Nic install question

Make sure the IRQ (Interrupt) is set at the same thing which FreeBSD is probing it at. I think FreeBSD defaults to irq 5, address 0x280, d8000. If you:

1. Boot a DOS disk.
2. Update the NIC to that irq/address.
3. Save
4. Reboot

...should be fine.

...also make sure the BIOS doesn't have that irq reserved for something else (PCI...).

Randy Katz