Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2001 13:47:32 -0500
From:      Wayne Cuddy <wcuddy@crb-web.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FBSD 4.3 on Nec 340T laptop freezing during install

I am currently attempting to upgrade from FBSD 4.0 to 4.3 on my NEC Ready
340T.  However the default kernel on the 4.3 CD freezes before the root
file-system is even attempted to be mounted.

I have build a custom 4.3 kernel on another box which I have been able to boot
correctly.  Is there a procedure which will allow me to install from the 4.3
disk set using my 4.3 custom kernel?