Date:      Tue, 5 Apr 2005 17:45:00 -0400
From:      <bob@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "Francis Whittington" <fewjr@adelphia.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: ipfilter.log

I wrote the official handbook firewall section based on 4.10 release
before ipfilter was incorporated into the base of 5.3. You are
incorrect to think that what you read in the official handbook is
for 5.3 only. I have submitted a change to the handbook to correct
it saying that 5.3 uses security.*       ipfw also uses security.*
that way there are no changes necessary to syslog.conf no mater
which firewall you use.