Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 1999 19:53:07 +0600 (ESS)
From:      Ilia Chipitsine <ilia@cgilh.chel.su>
To:        Anand Buddhdev <arb@anand.org>
Cc:        Dan Larsson <support@junglenote.com>, "[FreeBSD-Questions-List] (E-post)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: VI editing query

also "[repeat count]dd", for instance "5dd" will delete 5 lines.
(current line and 5 lines beneath the current)

and, of course "d<move command>". for example "d<arrow down>" will
remove current line and a line beneath. "d<arrow up>" will delete
current line and a line above. "d<arrow left>" and "d<arrow right>"
will only remove a character which is next to the left, next to the right.

in old versions of vi you were expected to use "h" instead of <arrow
left>, "l" instead of <arrow right>. "j"=arrow_up, "k"=arrow_down

Regards, (Наилучшие пожелания)

 Ilia Chipitsine (Илья Шипицин)