Date:      Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:39:32 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        <gerard-seibert@suscom.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Re[2]: Still trying to get my site up!

Your DNS requests for beerstud.us are NOT, I repeat NOT being redirected =
to=20
www2.beerstud.us:9545.  They are being pointed to 63.208.196.110
There is a webserver at that IP address which is issuing a HTTP
redirect to 216.45.217.148, port 9545.  The client webbrowser then
makes a second DNS request for www2.beerstud.us.

>However, the good news
>is that the site has suddenly come online. I have no idea why though.

Because the admin of the webserver at 63.208.196.110 fixed his
configuration file, that is why.

>From the looks of it that webserver is owned by dydns, so when you
contacted them it must have lit a fire under the admin of that
server.

Your ISP sounds like they are pretty stupid, frankly.

Ted