Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2017 00:37:12 -0400
From:      George Mitchell <george+freebsd@m5p.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Best practices: changing ISP

--Iidg6rfuOs7nlt8IK7TTF2HXJjvmdo0pF
From: George Mitchell <george+freebsd@m5p.com>
To: freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org

--4oV5xwkaXgG4blpXGNTNPKfHNSoucrnFR

So for a while I'll have service from two ISPs, and hopefully anyone
who connects to my old external address will get a response from that
address, and anyone connects to the new address will get a response
from there.  Internally, my gateway is a FreeBSD box using "pf" with
NAT in the kernel, and my old ISP on one ethernet interface and the
new ISP on another one.  Has anyone written up a cheat sheet somewhere
that I can review?  What are the gotchas I'm going to run into?  To
begin with, I've set all my DNS TTLs to 300 to discourage people from
caching the old address for too long.  Thanks for any pointers.
-- George