Date:      Wed, 8 May 2002 15:26:42 -0500
From:      Dan Debertin <airboss@nodewarrior.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   gx not recognizing PRO/1000 interfaces

I have a new Dell PowerEdge 1650 with dual onboard Intel PRO/1000
interfaces. I can get it to probe under the em driver, but not gx or
wx (which I understand is deprecated, but I figured it was worth a
shot). I have tried both GENERIC with gx added, as well as a
slimmed-down kernel with only miibus and gx.

pci1: <unknown card> (vendor=0x8086, dev=0x1008) at 2.0 irq 7
pci1: <unknown card> (vendor=0x8086, dev=0x1008) at 4.0 irq 5

Is gx supposed to work with these interfaces?

(As an aside, if anyone wants to comment on the relative merits of em
vs. gx, that would be great).

Dan
--
airboss@nodewarrior.org