Date:      Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:48:37 +0000
From:      Ceri Davies <ceri@submonkey.net>
To:        trorki@area51.capnet.state.tx.us
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: AMD64 -current ISOs and cvsup repository: Was: Re: -current ISOs and update cvsup sites for AMD64?

--BI5RvnYi6R4T2M87

On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 12:28:14AM -0600, trorki@area51.capnet.state.tx.us =
wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 10:50:11AM -0600, trorki@area51.capnet.state.tx=
=2Eus
>=20
> > > I've looked at snapshots.jp.freebsd.org and snapshots.se.freebsd.org
> > > and can't find a recent snapshot ISO to get -current for AMD64.
> > > Am I missing the directory, or what?  Someone please let me know where
> > > to get a recent ISO
>=20
> > The above site; talk to the admins about why they're not being
> > produced (probably it's just an oversight).
>=20
> The last AMD64 -current ISO on snapshots.se and snapshots.jp was in
> October, if I'm looking at the right directories.  A month and a half is
> hardly an "oversight", since October isn't even in the 6.0 timeframe.
> Maybe terminology has changed since summer, but all the -current
> sources peter out at the end of October, and no 6.0 build seems to
> have ever worked on snapshots.se, to judge from the log files.
> I'd like some help with AMD64 -current, yes AMD64 6.0-current.
> Am I making this clear???

You're making something clear.  Asshole.

> I haven't played with -current since before the switch to 6.0
> as -current, so the last ISO I used (and still have) is a 5.x-current
> from July.  I want a clean AMD64 6.0-current ISO to start with, and that
> would presumedly be AFTER November 05, preferably very recent...
>=20
> > >, and where I should point cvsup for the updates.
>=20
> > Updates to what?  amd64 isn't different from the other architectures;
> > you can read the documentation on using and configuring cvsup in the
> > handbook, and if you have further specific questions then ask them
> > then.
>=20
> The information isn't IN the handbook, or is obscure.  If it was
> there to read, I wouldn't have asked the list.  Duh.
> Since I mentioned cvsup you might/maybe get the idea that I know
> how to use it.  Duh.
>=20
> Since I can't find the snapshots where they are expected,
> they might be somewhere else, and I'd probably need to cvsup from
> somewhere else, too, which is why I asked.  Duh.
>=20
> Would somebody that actually uses -current on AMD64 tell me
> how to get a recent ISO,

Speak to the admins of the servers above and remind them that they have
forgotten to update the scripts since 6 was branched.

> and which servers are carrying the
> AMD 6.0-current branch so I can cvsup updates?

Any of them, like you were told.  There is no separate CVS branch for
amd64, like you were told.  Duh.

> Please don't reply to the list if you don't know what the hell
> I'm asking about.

I think Kris has a better idea of what you're talking about than you do.

Ceri
--=20
not sure about the former.			  -- Einstein (attrib.)

--BI5RvnYi6R4T2M87

--BI5RvnYi6R4T2M87--