Date:      Sun, 30 Jan 2000 21:13:26 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc:        Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>, committers@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports freeze postponed (Re: FreeBSD 4.0 now in code freeze.)

On Sun, 30 Jan 2000, Kris Kennaway wrote:

# On 30 Jan 2000, Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami wrote:
#
# > The ports freeze is postponed 2 weeks.  The new freeze date is
# > tentatively scheduled to be 2/14 (Valentine's Day :).
#
# Cool, we should be able to get 3100 ports by then if Steve tries :-)

It isn't just me!  There are lots of other ports committers that
work just as hard.  Most of the new ports I just review and commit
someone else's work, so they really deserve all the credit.  I have
the easy job. :)

That said, I really have another motive outside of having a large
number of ports in the tree.  I want to reduce the number of open
GNATS problem reports.  For a crude graph of the open problem reports
see the following:

	http://www.freebsd.org/~steve/gnatstats.html

The big drop you see there corresponded to the week between Christmas
and New Years where many of us had time off from work.

-steve