Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 00:09:43 +0200
From:      Pierre Beyssac <beyssac@enst.fr>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>, Pierre Beyssac <beyssac@enst.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 19980921-BETA: more comments

On Tue, Sep 22, 1998 at 04:29:54PM -0500, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> uh :) that's because the packages are just pre-compiled binaries, most are
> done in a.out to support 2.2.x, in fact i don't know of a ELF package made
> so far.

That I could understand, but I was talking about a bash I recompiled
myself from the GNU archive, using 3.0 tools installed from the BETA
distribution. Unless I missed something (which is quite possible), it
seems to me it would be more logical to generate ELF binaries in a 3.0
installed from scratch.
--
Pierre Beyssac		pb@enst.fr