Date:      Mon, 7 May 2007 09:00:33 -0700
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr>
Cc:        freebsd-java@Freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jdk 1.6

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 01:26:32AM +0200, Ivan Voras wrote:
> Greg Lewis wrote:
>
> > It depends on how mature you need the port to be.  I expect there may be
> > an initial patchset in a month or two, but it will probably be somewhat raw.
>
> Just a trivia-type question: How different are the internals between
> Java versions? For example, can porting of 1.6 rely on the work done for
> 1.5, with addons, or does it have to be done from scratch?

It actually uses a lot of the work from 1.5.  There are new pieces of
code and altered pieces of code that need additional porting and many of
the changes need to be sanity checked to make sure they still make sense.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org