Date:      Sat, 31 Jul 1999 18:50:09 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Ville-Pertti Keinonen <will@iki.fi>
Cc:        dillon@apollo.backplane.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Documenting writev(2) ENOBUFS error

Ville-Pertti Keinonen wrote:

> > :wes@softweyr.com (Wes Peters) writes:
> > :
> > :>      [ENOBUFS]     Insufficient system buffer space exists to complete the op-
> > :>                    eration.
> > :
> > :Do you know what kind of circumstances that error *really* occurs
> > :under?
>
> So you can get ENOBUFS not related to mbufs for UDP/local datagram
> sockets, but you should never get ENOBUFS from write for TCP sockets
> or local stream sockets.

So, do you want to enumerate the cases in which this error can occur in the
man page?  This is not generally done, now that we have verified it is
possible for the system to generate ENOBUFS on a writev.  I think the text
stands as it is.

http://softweyr.com/                                           wes@softweyr.com