Date:      Sun, 15 Dec 1996 22:54:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      Steve Reid <steve@edmweb.com>
To:        ANDRE BERNARD BAILEY <abbailey@netcom.ca>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Frying your monitor

> I bought a FreeBSD from a book shop and while reading I found out that
> I can fry my monitor. I am new to unix os and would like to know what
> should I do not to fry my VGA monitor as I am at the stage where I am
> ready to install.

I'm quite certain that simply installing FreeBSD won't fry your monitor.

_After_ FreeBSD is installed and working, you may want to set up the
XFree86 window system. That _could_ fry your monitor if you tell it to use
frequencies higher than your monitor can handle.

Disclaimer: Don't hold me accountable for anything that happens to your
system.