Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2000 12:24:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   question on necessity of tcp_wrappers port

It seems to me that since 3.4 has tcp wrappers integrated into it
(inetd has support built in, and libwrap is there) that the
tcp_wrappers port is unnecessary.  It really confused me when I did
the install because the tcp_wrappers package was offered to be
installed during the installation, and was not marked as "obsolete" in
any way.

Perhaps it should be marked unnecessary or "for backwards compat
only"?