Date:      Tue, 2 May 2000 11:24:11 -0700
From:      Jim Mock <jim@luna.cdrom.com>
To:        Chuck Rock <carock@epconline.net>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New 4.0 features documentation...

On Tue, 02 May 2000 at 10:36:58 -0500, Chuck Rock wrote:
> Looking at the /usr/share/doc/handbook/ directory on the 4.0 system
> installed from the ISO image I downloaded seems to have recent
> documentation, but it's not the same as the book.txt on the CD in the
> /book directory is from Sept 1999. The CD-ROM is what I was trying to
> use, and the FreeBSD web site.

That's because /book/book.txt on the CDROM is not the handbook.  Read
the first sentence of the document and it will tell you what it is.

> The jail command is not explained in any of these documents at all,
> and that leads me to believe the docs aren't really complete, however
> the jail man page seems to have a lot of information.

Feel free to write something up for the handbook and it'll get
committed.

> I was just using the jail command as an example because I know it
> didn't exist in the previous documentation or O/S, so that's what I
> was using to determine if I was looking at new material.
>
> Sorry for the confusion on my part, but the docs on the CD should
> also be updated.

They are, you're just not looking in the right place.  They're in /doc
on the CDROM.

- jim

--
- jim mock - walnut creek cdrom/freebsd test labs - jim@luna.cdrom.com -