Date:      Mon, 05 Nov 2012 23:00:58 -0800
From:      matt <sendtomatt@gmail.com>
To:        Andreas Tobler <andreast-list@fgznet.ch>
Cc:        x11@freebsd.org, freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPC DRM graphics testing

> Hm, I can try to bring the Radeon 9200 PCI up and see how it behaves.
> It'll take a few moments. But at least we have another config to compare.
>
> Oh, and one thing to note, my config works with built-in (not a kernel
> module) drm/radeondrm. Have you tried this too?
>
> Kernel config:
> # Direct Rendering modules for 3D acceleration.
> device          drm            # DRM core module required by DRM drivers
> device          radeondrm      # ATI Radeon
>

> Attached the patch to make it compile.
>
> Andreas

I will try that, it's worth a shot. Builds are fast on this box
surprisingly (well reasonable at least) so I should get to try this tonight.

Also, I think that r200 is actually still supported in Mesa 8. I could
be wrong,so I'm off to read some more before I end up having to rebuild
many ports again :). I'll try adding it to my config and after that
upgrading to 7.7

I've tried everything interesting in xorg.conf, but aside from a
different backtrace through different code paths in the driver down to
an ioctl on a hung gpu, it's been mostly unsuccessful. The option to
limit depth moves did change the issue, but didn't fix it...that may
point at mesa again. Glxgears looks has some colorful angled polygons
that move around once and then the gpu crashes in all cases.

Matt