Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:49:00 -0800
From:      Nathan <nboeger@getrelevant.com>
To:        "freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Alpha kernels

Forgive me if but I have a question.

I have 2 alpha station 200's and I noticed that the
FreebSD4.0-200xxx-CURRENT kernels are about 3.6+ megs. I re-made the
kernel several times reducing the number of supported items even atapi
support but I still have a kernel thats around 2.7+megs. I am new to
alpha so I duuno if the large size is normal  ?
or are the kernels larger for alphas than  intel based kernels ?
I know that I can get an Intel kernel down to around 1.2megs.

Also is the 20164a an EV4 or EV5 ? and what is a EV4 and EV5 ?

Thank you

nathan