Date:      Wed, 3 Oct 2007 19:14:05 +0200
From:      Mel <fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB headset

On Monday 01 October 2007 16:40:38 Andreas Davour wrote:

> I changed the red dot from line to volume and now when I run "mixer" the
> final line read:
> Recording source: vol
> where it used to say:
> Recording source: line

kmix has some problems with recording source selections, dunno why, I never
bothered to investigate.

> For some reason I can't seem to choose "microphone", which strikes me as
> problematic. I don't see any way to set it using plain old "mixer",
> though.

mixer =rec mic

Also, after closing KDE session, you can edit ~/.kde/share/config/kmixctrlrc
so that next time you start KDE it'll be the default. Look for
name=Microphone and set the line above to is_recsrc=1

--
Mel