Date:      Fri, 28 Mar 1997 13:03:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      "K. Marsh" <durang@u.washington.edu>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: colorls working with xterm!

On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, Christoph Kukulies wrote:

> Hope you spelled it correctly:
>
> *customization: -color
>
> Otherwise it would be useless.
>
> And forget about XTerm-Color. This file isn't part of the game
> if you have the correct XF8632 xterm.

XTerm-color is indeed a big part of the game. Thanks to Lars's explanation
of how xinit initiates, I traced down my problem and got colorls to work
the way it was intended - not with a quick fix but with XTerm-color.

The problem was that my /usr/local/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/.Xresources file
was named without the dot, Xresources.  xinitrc was looking for a file
with the dot.

Many thanks to all and especially to Lars.

  Ken Marsh                    University of Washington
  durang@u.washington.edu        Chemical Engineering