Date:      Sat, 16 Dec 2000 00:20:00 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        lewst <lewst@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>, KEVLO@FreeBSD.ORG, FREEBSD-PORTS@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: where is KDE 2.0.1 ?!?

On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 09:15:46PM -0800, lewst wrote:
> This kind of attitude is fine when you are supporting a hobby or pet
> project, but not a supposedly serious and competitive OS like FreeBSD.
> Critical pieces of the OS like KDE should be taken more seriously than
> the other ports.  If not, then FreeBSD will continue to linger behind
> in Linus' shadow.  RPMS for KDE 2.0.1 were available within hours of
> the release.

You wouldn't be saying this if you put in the same amount of time
working on FreeBSD as each of us.

Therefore, your logic is invalid.  Welcome to reality.

I should note that it is not easy to keep up with KDE and a number of
other things (GNOME comes to mind) as far as ports goes, because they
often use Linuxcentric code, and that takes more time to fix.  There are
a variety of other reasons why there's some delay in keeping up.. like
some of us have a real life to tend to as well.

Again, until you speak from experience, you do not really understand
what's going on here.

--
wca