Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:09:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Steve Bertrand" <iaccounts@ibctech.ca>
To:        "Ruben de Groot" <mail25@bzerk.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: R/W mount of / denied

> Why don't you do what the message says: run fsck ?

I get from the OP's message that it is a 'headless' (quote
"terminal-less") server, and it's difficult for him to run fsck. I believe
he is asking how to mitigate this problem so it doesn't continue to happen
(fix so fsck runs by itself?).

We have ~15 FBSD servers, and I only ever had one do this to me. I never
did find out the problem, but the box was with old hardware and we simply
replaced it.

I'm curious to know if someone else has an answer.

OP, I hope I understand what you are saying properly.

Steve