Date:      Sun, 24 Jun 2012 03:46:40 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD ports list <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   X11BASE still in use in ports

I noticed a failure in one of my ports today while doing an upgrade, and
was embarrassed to find that it was due to my port still using X11BASE.
That led me to do a quick grep of the tree, which seems to indicate that
there are a non-zero number of uses of it which seem to be erroneous:

http://people.freebsd.org/~dougb/x11base-ports.txt

Note, some of these are actually Ok, I haven't made an attempt to filter
them out yet.

Is there any interest in cleaning these up? Should we restore the
definition of X11BASE until all of the ports that are using it are fixed?

I'm kind of surprised by this problem, since the usual way of removing
something like this is to make sure all of the consumers have been fixed
first.

Doug