Date:      Thu, 24 Feb 2000 07:51:25 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BIOS and PERC 2/SC (was Re: Perc 2/SC problems (aka MegaRAID 466) )

At 12:26 AM 2/24/2000 -0800, Mike Smith wrote:
> > OK, on the PERC2/SC and LINUX with the firmware from Dell (3.00), it pukes
> > with Redhat LINUX.  I am able to talk to the card, fdisk and newfs it, but
> > it crashes hard when you write to the partition.  I am going to try and
> > reflash the card to the latest AMI BIOS and see what happens.
>
>How about with FreeBSD and the Dell firmware?  Let's keep the number of
>variables down. 8)

I cant disklabel the drive when using the 3.00 firmware from dell.

newmail# disklabel -Brw amrd0 auto
newmail# disklabel -e amrd0
disklabel: ioctl DIOCGDINFO: Invalid argument

Its entirely possible the card is cooked.  I am going to test the latest
firmware with LINUX when I get back to the office today.

         ---Mike