Date:      Sat, 27 Jun 1998 18:17:09 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>, malartre@aei.ca, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does it's true?

On Sat, Jun 27, 1998 at 06:16:37AM +0000, Frank Pawlak wrote:
> I am under the impression that parts of Australia are much like the Old
> American West, with cowboys that carry guns, drink a lot and then get into
> gunfights. ;-)

Around here they carry mobile phones, drink a lot, and then fall asleep
in front of TV. They can't go out after 9pm, they're alseep at 8. Most
take-away food places close at 6 or 7pm. Crazy! In Sydney I'd go out
looking for food some time after 10pm and walk home alone a couple of
hours later. There were still enough people walking around to feel safe.
Away from the city, where only loonies go out after dark and there's dark
deserted streets with pot holes and no-one to hear you scream, people say
they fear the city. I'll never understand.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-