Date:      Wed, 31 May 2006 22:06:44 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
Subject:   Re: Replacing Sendmail with Postfix?

--==========37AA5D8B126B52089B5C==========

--On May 31, 2006 8:58:08 PM -0500 Nikolas Britton=20
<nikolas.britton@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey did anyone see the article on /. about Sendmail being removed from
> NetBSD, and being replaced with Postfix?
>
> What advice can you offer about doing this on FreeBSD? What's
> involved, How do you do it, are there any gotta's (cron scripts?),
> etc?.... Is it just as simple as installing the Postfix port? How do
> you stop buildworld from reinstalling sendmail? /etc/mail/mailer.conf?
>
> Oh hmm, I see there's a section in the FreeBSD handbook that deals
> with this topic... Oh well I've already wrote this much... maybe you
> guy and gals have something more to add.

make install clean - follow the instructions in the pkg-message file -=20
done.  (Except for any configuration you need to do.  If it's a standalone=20
server to send mail from localhost, you don't need to do anything to get it =

working.)

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas