Date:      Sat, 15 Feb 1997 15:27:11 -0500
From:      "Jesse D. Troy" <jtroy@vt.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Netscape 3.01 Java Problems

I am running Netscape 3.01 under FreeBSD 2.1.6-Release.  I am having
the following problem.  Netscape does not display Java applets.  I can
see the area on the screen where the applet should be, but the applet
does not appear.
	Java and Javascript are enabled under the Options/Network
Preferences/Languages menu and I get no errors from the Java console.
	I have double checked my environment variable paths (CLASSPATH,
XKEYSYMDB, XNLSPATH) and they are all correct, and the necessary files
are all in those specified directories.
	If anyone has any tips on anything I could do to solve this problem, I
would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Jesse Troy
jtroy@vt.edu