Date:      Fri, 9 May 2003 12:02:23 -0700
From:      Bill Dorsey <dorsey@lila.com>
To:        sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cyrus IMAPD

Has anyone met with any success in getting Cyrus IMAPD working on a
Sparc64 platform?  I am trying to upgrade an older Sparc32 machine with
an Ultrasparc.  Cyrus IMAPD handles all my mail delivery.

It seems to build fine, but after I start the master process, I am
unable to contact the imap daemon on the localhost as recommended by
the configure-testing.html file that comes with Cyrus.

A look in the imap log file reveals the following:

May  4 17:51:01 test master[41874]: about to exec
/usr/local/cyrus/bin/imapd
May  4 17:51:01 test service-imap[41874]: executed

However, the imap daemon does not display the banner line as it does on
my Sparc32 machine so it appears to be getting stuck somewhere.

I assume this is likely a 64-bit issue?

On the bright side, I'm getting a lot more stuff to work under
FreeBSD/Sparc64 than I was under NetBSD/Sparc64.  Kudos to the folks
responsible for the porting effort!

--
Bill Dorsey