Date:      02 Jul 2002 14:07:53 +0300
From:      Juha Ylitalo <juha.ylitalo@iki.fi>
To:        Gavin Kenny <gavinkenny@yahoo.co.uk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Watching DVDs

--=-JbeJXVJGzoYQ+knQiWtw

On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 13:50, Gavin Kenny wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>=20
> I'm running 4.4 but I've been given a DVD player and
> fancied giving it a go. How do I set it up? I tried
> doing a MAKEDEV dvd but that failed. I tried mounting
> it as a cdrom, which worked but when I tried to access
> anything on the DVD I got:
> READ_BIG - ILLEGAL REQUEST
>=20
> so what do I do to access data DVDs and DVD movies?

No need to create special device for DVD. I've personally had good
experiences from using ogle as DVD viewer. mplayer should also be able
to play them, but in the old days, when I evaluated different players
for personally use, it manage to crash my system (first everything
freezed and then system rebooted). ogle and mplayer are both available
from ports collection, just make sure that your ports are uptodate.

--=20
Juha Ylitalo                 juha.ylitalo@iki.fi                <e-mail>
+358 40 562 6152 <mobile>    http://www.iki.fi/jylitalo         <www>
"Some tools are used, because its policy, others because they are good."

--=-JbeJXVJGzoYQ+knQiWtw

--=-JbeJXVJGzoYQ+knQiWtw--