Date:      Wed, 4 Feb 1998 23:32:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jan Koum <jkb@best.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   8086 assembly under FreeBSD

	Hi all,

	Yes, you read the subject right. We have to do 8086 assembly for
my assembly class (don't go to SJSU, ever!) and while the professor himself
uses Sparc, he makes class use DOS + MASM (MS Asm). I guess I could and
try to run something like bochs to do dos emulation and then run MASM from
it, but ideally I'd like to find an assembler that would run under FreeBSD
and emulate 8086 instruction set. Or am I smoking crack? Any hints and
clues are welcome. Thanks,

-- Yan

P.S. -- I tried "asl" from packages, but for some reason it didn't work.
My understanding was that it can do 8086 emulation. No?