Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:23:22 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>
To:        "matjaz" <matjazp@doyen.si>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3com-isdn problem

On Monday 19 March 2001 08:48, matjaz wrote:
> I have made a user ppp gateway on an ISDN line.When i connect a ASUSCOM
> device, averything works just fine. I tried it with a 3COM-USR device and I
> get no connection through to my ISP.When i work my way through log files,
> it shows as if the modem is somehow trying CHAP authentication (ISP has
> PAP). Is there somebody with expirience with 3Com ISDN devices.I know there
> is nothing wrong with ppp configuration,because with other devices it works
> perfect.Perhaps i could configure the device to negotiate PAP,i just dont
> know how

First, a minor nit: this mail should have gone to the ISDN list (CC'd and
hackers removed).

Secondly, the type of card used should have no influence on how
ppp behaves. The hardware knows nothing about the protocol being
used.

I recommend turning on logging in pppc.conf. The output might be
helpful in identifying the source of your problem.

--
Gary Jennejohn garyj@jennejohn.org gj@freebsd.org