Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2000 19:24:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
Cc:        Vince Valenti <vince@blue-box.net>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: syslog-ng

On Sun, 23 Apr 2000, Will Andrews wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 23, 2000 at 06:17:07PM -0400, Chuck Robey wrote:
> > I'm late on commenting here (holiday stuff), but if you're actually going
> > to use this, as opposed to merely making the port, you'd be very well
> > advised to go look at nsyslog, which has all the stuff as syslog-ng, I
> > think, plus more.  I don't think syslog-ng has any options as to
> > encrypting or signing log entries, it's just got an added grep,
> > right?  nsyslog has both features.
>
> Is there some reason why we can't have both?

Did you read this above, where I plainly say "if you're actually going to
use this, as opposed to merely making the port"?

As far as ports go, we *should* have both.  As far as one to choose, I
stand by what I said.

Chuck Robey            | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@picnic.mat.net  | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.