Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 1996 11:28:00 +0000
From:      "Ian Kallen" <ian@gamespot.com>
To:        John Williams <jwilliams@mail.jhubc.infn.it>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sysinstall on FreeBSD 2.1

I'd noticed sysinstall failing to recognize my CD as well (SCSI
hanging off an Adaptec 2940) so I mounted it and then changed the
source media to "Filesystem" -- gave it the path /cdrom/blah/blah and
voila, success.

(this was under 2.1, I don't know yet if this behaviour will continue to
dog me in 2.1.5)

> Date:          Fri, 19 Jul 1996 13:43:16 +0200
> From:          John Williams <jwilliams@mail.jhubc.infn.it>
> To:            support@cdrom.com
> Subject:       sysinstall on FreeBSD 2.1

> Installing from the boot floppy and Mitsumi 2x speed ISA CD-ROM
> drive went fine, but I needed to some post-installation configuration
> (add ethernet card, add some software).
> Although the CD-ROM drive is recognized at boot up, and is mountable and
> readable from the command line, when I run /stand/sysinstall, it refuses
> to find the drive.  Also Add network interfaces does not work.
> Can you help me?
>
> Regards,
> John
>
> --
> John Williams, Technical Services Librarian
> Johns Hopkins University SAIS Bologna Center
> Via Belmeloro 11, Bologna, Italy.
> Tel.: (051) 232185 - Fax: (051) 228505

Ian Kallen                           ian@gamespot.com
     Director of Technology & Web Administration
            http://www.gamespot.com